Friday, July 29, 2011

NOTD : Lets Crackle!!!


Don't you hate it when your nail polish doesn't dry quickly and you mess it up!!!

I do it all the time. I end up with patterns on my nailpolish from my bed sheet, my own fingers or the edge of my laptop, especially when the nailpolish is on the thicker side and takes ages to dry. The perfect solution to that is using a crackling nailpolish!

So my NOTD/W was supposed to be this pretty corally pink polish: 


But after a nap and messy patterns, it ended up into this:


Isadora Graffiti Top Coat in Spraycan blue



I love Graffiti/Crackling/Shattering nail polishes and definitely recommend you to try this easy peasy way of spicing up your nails without worrying about clumsiness or lack of fine artistic skills! :)

Products used:
Base - Two coats of Pink Service nailpolish in "Baby"
Top - One coat of Isadora Graffiti top coat in "Spraycan blue"


P.S: Do let your base polish dry before you add the top coat, even if you have messed it up!

P.P.S: There is another good thing about using these crackling top coats. Once your nail paint starts to chip from the front you can add just a little bit of base polish to cover the chipped areas and save the day. Because of the graffiti patterns it wont look weird =). I do this when I am feeling lazy and don't want to sport chipped polish somewhere special. Ciao!



19 comments:

Rati said...

congrats for your blog, LP./ :)) It looks nice and cozy. :) You have always been so good with nails. I am dying to try out the crackling nps. Thse look pretty. i like the peach color more though. looks serene :D

good luck and i hope you do good in the blogging world. :)

loads of love, :)

Rati said...

as i the first one to comment? yayay!!!1

laksh said...

YAY! my first comment from my fav blogger :D
Thanks Rati!!!

Rati said...

:)) thankoo lp. :)

Nidhi said...

Nice blog lp :)..All the best

laksh said...

Thanks a lot Nidhi! :)

Unknown said...

nice 1 laksh..I so want crackle polish in India too..:)
good luck at blogging..following u :)

laksh said...

Thanks a lot Bhumika!...Have you tried ebay for the crackle polishes? also, Nupur did a post on IMBB for a white crackle polish she bought in Karol bagh. Thanks a lot for stopping by and following :)

Rads said...

Laksh - Awesome blog :) Loved your photos and your post. Wish you all the very best with blogging and have fun while you are at it :D :D :*

Akshatha Hegde said...

Hi..loved your post and the nail colours. :)
Thanks for visiting my blog. Do keep churning out great posts like this one..and if you know where I can get the crackle polishes in Bangalore, lemme know. :(

laksh said...

@Rads: YAY! So glad you like it :D, Thanks a lot Rads!!!

@Akshatha: Thanks Akshatha, I really enjoyed your post too. If I find out I will definitely let you know, but for the time being if you can shop online, check these out at ebay. They are not too expensive.

Tanveer said...

I've wanted to try this crackle nail paint since I first saw it a few mnths ago on some foreign blog.. I hope we get to soon! :D

laksh said...

Thanks for subscribing and stopping by Tanveer!. These are so cool, I hope they are launched soon in India or I would've to buy tons of these before I have to leave sweden.

INDYABEAUTY said...

lovely blog Laksh
all the best honey and stay true to your passion :D :D
loads of good wishes

loved the nail paint and hope to get this some day :D :D

laksh said...

Thanks for the wishes and thanks a lot for stopping by Rashmi :)

Divya said...

I want crackle nail paint so badly :(, but not available.. :((

laksh said...

Awww! Check out ebay na, there are some nice inexpensive options!

Divya said...

I did chk out quite places, like pretty store and ebay, but with shipping it turning out a bit expensive :(
Do share if any good link :P

laksh said...

Sure will do! :)