Monday, August 1, 2011

Review: E.L.F Daily brush cleaner is cheaptastic!!!


I used to be a fingers person, thought brushes were just pretentious as far as foundation application is concerned. But after using Sigma F80 I just cant get over how much better the result is. But the downfall of using brushes is cleaning them and the long long time they take to dry. Its impossible to wash brushes daily and also your brushes wont last long. So I wanted to try out the E.L.F daily brush cleaner, which is cheap and in my opinion does a pretty good job.  I cant compare it to the Mac one as I've never tried it.

Daily Brush Cleaner





 From the website:
An anti-bacterial daily brush cleanser for quick cleaning in-between makeup applications. Disinfects brushes to provide a fresh and clean application every time. Helps to keep your brushes lasting longer for extended use.
Ingredients:
Water(Aqua), Alcohol Denat,Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben.

Net Weight: 8.5floz (250ml)

Price: $3 or £3.50

Before:
Sigma F80 brush after applying foundation 

After:

Sigma F80 after cleaning with E.L.F Daily brush cleaner

As you can see from the photos it does a pretty good job of getting the foundation out. There is still some foundation left in the middle of the bristles but I am not gonna complain about that. It disinfects and cleans the brush after every use in an economic and effective manner, and I can happily deep clean the brush at the end of the week. Some people might not like the smell, though I think that its not disturbing or strong. You cannot smell much of it after cleaning the brush.

There is only one complaint that I have. It doesn't do a very good  job of cleaning my eye brushes, also it makes them kinda dry. It might just depend on the brush hair though.


I feel that if you want to clean your brushes daily and not worry about the drying time and longevity of your brush then you should try out the E.L.F  daily brush cleaner.

My Rating: 4/5


13 comments:

Rebecca Clairine said...

great post !
thx for the info :D

xoxo,
Rebecca
http://rebeccaclch.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my wow..das a gud show!

Accountable Me said...

Hmm, I might have to check this out. I love my MAC brush cleanser, but it's so much pricier. I do worry about the eye brush cleaning though...maybe I'll try this for my F80. It's such a fabulous brush, isn't it? :)

Kriti said...

nice review......

Manali said...

grt review

laksh said...

@Rebecca: Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

@KitchenBB: Thank you!

@Erin: Thanks for stopping by my blog Erin, I love F80 and cant believe I lived without it so long. Since its such a hassle cleaning it, you should definitely check out the E.L.F cleaner as a cheaper alternative :)

@Kriti: Thanks for stopping by my blog!

@Manali: Thank for stopping by :)

socialitedreams said...

who knew that it was so epic for so cheap???!!! wow, will have to get some next target trip

Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/

Unknown said...

oo..dats sounds nicee...n super cheap..!!

Tanveer said...

This is so cool! I wish I had this :D

laksh said...

@socialitedreams: Thanks for stopping by, do try it out! :)

@bhumika: it is na :)

@Tanveer: wish they would make it available online in India soon!

Ikya said...

and we don't get anything like this here! Yea right I'm paying 600 for soapwater at MAC. Thankyouverymuch.

laksh said...

@Ikky: LOL! ;D

Beauty Frontline said...

Sounds too good! Great review <3

Following you :)