There are few things that I make sure I have back ups for. Milani's LIQUIF'EYE Metallic Eyeliner Pencils are one among those. I first heard Emilynoel83 talk about these on youtube, then Vintageortacky and finally Marlena of MakeupGeek. I was intrigued because all of them said these were the best eyeliners and compared them to Urban Decay's Glide on pencils. Now, Urban Decay's liners are $18 each and these babies from Milani were around $6. They come in five colors and I had my eyes set on the black, brown and golden one.
Picture taken from Beautyjoint.com with permission
I got these online from cherryculture.com and instantly fell in love. It was hard to get these because they were always out of stock on all except blue and silver one. When I bought it they were $5.49 but now it is $6.99. The gold one was still not in stock so I bought the black and brown one. I also got the Milani LIQUIF'EYE Liquid Eye Liner Automatic Propel Pencil in purple.
Now, onto the review. These eyeliners are super soft and don't tug my eye area at all. I especially love the brown one for a softer and natural look. I usually love tight lining my upper lashline/waterline and these dont irritate or make my eyes water at all. The automatic pencil in purple one is a dark purple with purple glitter in it. I feel that its not as smooth as the other two and not as long lasting either.
NET WT 0.04 OZ / 1.2g ( Milani LIQUIF EYE Metallic Eyeliner Pencil)
NET WT 0.01 OZ/0.28g (Milani LIQUIF'EYE Liquid Eye Liner Automatic Propel Pencil)
Ran it under some warm water and rubbed my fingers over it. As you can see the black one has faded and the purple glitter is all over. Brown one actually does much better than the other two.
* Super soft and glides on smoothly
* Stays on Waterline for atleast 2-3 hours, starts fading after that (I've very watery eyes). (Except the purple one which has glitter so cant be used on the waterline)
* Stays on Lashline till I take it off (I have worn it maximum for around 9 hours).
* You can smudge it easily when you apply if you want to do a smokey look or soften harsh eyeliner, it sets after about 1 minute and then it wont budge.
* Totally worth the money
* Milani's LIQUIF'EYE Metallic Eyeliner pencils can be sharpened, unlike the LIQUIF'EYE Liquid Eye Liner Automatic Propel Pencil (purple one).
I don't like the purple one as much as the other two, even though the color payoff is amazing. I should mention that you definitely need a makeup remover or Whichever is your preferred method to remove waterproof makeup. It might be a con for some, but to me it just means I don't have to worry about raccoon eyes :)
My Rating: 4.5/5 for Milani LIQUIF EYE Metallic Eyeliner Pencil
3.75 for Milani LIQUIF'EYE Liquid Eye Liner Automatic Propel Pencil in purple
You can buy these online from: cherryculture.com, beautyjoint.com